A little light reading.
Lawlogic Pty Ltd trading as Hains Solicitors complies with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (“Privacy Act”) as amended by the Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012 (Cth)(“Amendment Act”) and has adopted a set of principles in its policy which is consistent with the Australian Privacy Principles as amended in March 2014 (APPs)
Lawlogic are committed to protecting your privacy as an online visitor to our website. We use the information we collect about you to maximize the services that we provide to you. Lawlogic respects the privacy and confidentiality of the information provided by you and adheres to the Australian Privacy Principles.
You may change your details at any time by advising us in writing via email.
We receive and store information you enter on our website or give to us in any other way from time to time. You may provide basic contact information such as your name, phone number, address, and email address to enable us to send information and we may also collect additional information at other times, including but not limited to, when you provide feedback, change your content or email preferences, respond to a survey, or communicate with Lawlogic customer support or queries.
We may use personal information collected from you for the purpose of providing you with direct marketing material, updates regarding our websites of the Lawlogic group and information in the form of a newsletter. If you wish to cease receiving any such information you may let us know either by email or unsubscribing at any time and your request will be actioned as soon as possible. Individual profile and company details are not used for any other purpose. Details are only supplied to a third party supplier when it is required by law or to protect Lawlogic’s copyright, trademarks and other legal rights.
We respect the privacy of our online visitors. We may collect information on or through this website that can personally identify you. For example, we collect personally identifiable information which you volunteer to us to respond to visitor questions and comments about us and our products and services, and to mail e-newsletters (‘Personal Data’).
Any non-personal information, communications and material you send to this website or to us by email, or which we obtain from third parties without promises of confidentiality, may be kept, used and disclosed by us on a non-confidential basis. We are free to use and reproduce any such information freely, and for any purpose whatsoever. Specifically, we will be free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how or techniques contained in such information for any purpose, including developing, manufacturing or marketing products.
We may from time to time need to disclose certain information, which may include your Personal Data, to comply with a legal requirement, such as a law, regulation, court order, subpoena, warrant, in the course of a legal proceeding or in response to a law enforcement agency request. Also, Lawlogic may use your Personal Data to protect the rights, property or safety of Lawlogic, its customers or third parties.
Finally, if there is a change of control in one of our businesses (whether by merger, sale, or otherwise), or a sale or transfer of its assets, customer information, which may include your Personal Data, could be disclosed to a potential purchaser under an agreement to maintain confidentiality, or could be sold or transferred as part of that transaction. And finally we would only disclose your information in good faith and where required by any of the above circumstances.
When collecting personal information from you, we may collect in ways including:
- through your access and use of our website
- by telephone, letter, fax or email
- during conversations between you and our representatives
- by contracting with us
- by entering competitions, promotions or requesting information or material from us
- completing surveys or providing feedback
We may also collect personal information from third parties including:
- from third party companies such as credit reporting agencies, law enforcement agencies and government entities
- your representatives (lawyers, accountants and financial advisers)
- your employer
- publicly available sources of information or any other organisations where you have given your consent
Lawlogic does not and will not sell or deal in personal or customer information. We will never disclose your personal details to a third party except the necessary information required by providers of products or services you have purchased or to protect the rights, property or safety of Lawlogic, its customers or third parties or if required by law.
We may however use in a general sense without any reference to your name, your information to create marketing statistics, identify user demands and to assist it in meeting customer needs generally. In addition, we may use the information that you provide to improve our website and services but not for any other use.
We may send you direct marketing communications and information about our products and services that we consider may be of interest to you. These communications may be sent in various forms, including mail, SMS, fax and email, in accordance with applicable marketing laws, such as the Spam Act 2003 (Cth). If you indicate a preference for a method of communication, we will endeavour to use that method whenever practical to do so. In addition, at any time you may opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us by contacting us.
Lawlogic strives to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of personal information submitted to our website, and periodically updates its security measures in light of current technologies.
This website may contain links to other websites. These links are meant for your convenience only. Links to third party websites do not constitute sponsorship or endorsement or approval of these websites. Please be aware that Lawlogic is not responsible for the privacy practices of such other websites. We encourage our users to be aware, when they leave our website, to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by this website.
Address: Level 6, 400 Queen Street Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Telephone: (07) 3062 2192
Lawlogic Pty Ltd TA Hains Solicitors (ABN 83 634 067 771), is the promoter of this competition and hereafter in the terms and conditions will be referred to as the ‘Promoter’.
By engaging the Promoter you agree to enter this competition and confirm that you have read and understood these terms and conditions and agree to them.
- The prize consists of $1,000 cash, to be paid to the winner by electronic transfer. The prize is supplied by the Promoter.
- The prize is not transferable or exchangeable.
- Entry to the competition is free.
- Eligibility to enter:
- All entrants must be 18 years of age or older.
- All entrants must have been clients of the Promoter in the three month period preceding the closing date of the competition.
- The Promoter must have received a contract and acted for the client in this period in the sale or purchase of a residential property, and their file must have been opened in the three month period preceding the closing date of the competition.
- All entrants must be natural persons, and must have been clients of the Promoter as natural persons in their personal capacity.
- If the Promoter acts on behalf of a company or trust in their capacity as such, they are not eligible to enter the draw.
- Executors or those acting under powers of attorney are also ineligible to enter.
- People who engaged the Promoter to sell property subject to a court order are not eligible to enter.
- Employees of the Promoter and their immediate families are not eligible to enter.
- Only one entry will be accepted per settled file. The prize money will be divided between the natural persons listed as clients in their personal capacity on the file.
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify the eligibility of each entrant. Any entrant found to be ineligible will be disqualified from the draw, and the Promoter will facilitate a redraw.
- All entrants must consent to the use of their name and any review of the Promoter’s services they author, by the Promoter for marketing and promotional purposes.
- The Promoter reserves the right to amend the eligibility requirements at any time without prior notice.
- The prize will be drawn on the second Friday of the month at three monthly intervals (the “draw date”).
- The closing date for the competition is 5pm on the Thursday preceding the draw date
- The draw will be randomly selected using Google’s Random Number Generator and facilitated by a representative of the Promoter.
- The winner of the prize will be notified by SMS and by phone. One attempt will be made to contact the winner by SMS, and one attempt by phone.
- If the winner fails to contact the Promoter to collect the prize within 3 days, the Promoter reserves the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and randomly select a new winner.
- The Promoter reserves the right to seek verification of the winner’s age and identity and other relevant information.
- The Promoter’s decision is final and correspondence will not be entered into.
- The results of the competition may be published on the Promoter’s Facebook and Instagram pages. By entering and participating, entrant agrees to hold harmless, defend and indemnify Facebook and Instagram from and against any and all claims, demands, liability, damages or causes of action (however named or described), losses, costs or expenses, with respect to or arising out of or related to your participation in the competition, or your participation in any prize related activities, acceptance of a prize and/or use or misuse of a prize (including, without limitation, any property loss, damage, personal injury or death caused to any person(s). This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook or Instagram.
- Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter excludes all liability (including negligence), for any loss or damage of any nature arising out of the Promotion, including, without limitation, any variation in the value of the prize, any tax liability incurred by an entrant and any use of the prize.
- The competition will be governed by the law of Queensland.
- The Promoter reserves the right to modify or change the competition terms without notice.
- By entering the competition you are consenting to the use of your review and name by the Promoter for marketing and promotion purposes. The winner agrees to be contacted at a later date by the Promoter and to the use of their name and image in any publicity material in association with the promotion of the competition.
- If anyone is unsure about any aspect of this competition or if they are unsure about any of the terms and conditions they are invited to ring the Promoter on 07 3062 2192